Due to the low demand from parents wanting to send their children back to school in June for various valid reasons, it is not feasible for us to open in June but look forward to opening in September.
Our approach to reopening Marshalswick Pre-School has been guided with safety and flexibility in mind, and we remain committed to support transitions from home to nursery for you and your children.
As we move to this next important stage we must remember that the virus has not gone away and we know that we have a very important part to play in ensuring our nursery is as safe as it can be for your child’s return. Government guidance asks that you do not attend our nursery if you or anyone in your household has a temperature or a new continuous cough.
We have adapted our current practice and are taking further measures and controls to help reduce the risk:
• Monitoring symptoms and undertaking temperature checks of children, staff and visitors on arrival at our nursery to ensure that those displaying symptoms of Covid-19 do not attend
• Putting in place social distancing measures to reduce contact between different age groups and rooms without eliminating the care and support we give to the children
• Continuing with our excellent personal hygiene practices with regular hand washing for everyone throughout the day
• Continuing our robust cleaning practices with antiviral products in all areas of the nursery and carrying out more regular cleans on touch points and commonly used areas
• Reducing the number of visitors we allow in the nursery
Please see full details of the measures we have put in place, which will be reviewed again before and after we open, in line with government requirements for UK nurseries. Details: Staying Safe with Marshalswick Pre-School and Nursery
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.